Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I'm not cooking tonight!

It had been an unusually rainy May in Thailand. Down pour after down pour. Rivers are rising and rice fields are soaked in water. We normally don't get this much rain until after June begins. But this week, hardly any rain. Today was VERY hot and humid! I would guess, it was probably 97 degrees. I was just sweating all day long. Sometimes we measure hot and humidity by how many showers we take a day or how long we stayed in our air-conditioned bedroom. Ed took a total of four showers.

Jenni Starkey and Lesa Morgan were coming over for dinner. I had chicken thawed out but at 5:30 PM I changed my mind. I said, "I ain't cooking dinner tonight! It's just too hot to stand in front of the stove." So, I asked Ed to go and order pad thai at the market - the best tasting in town, we think! Boy, was it yummmmy! We all ate and were filled. And I didn't have to cook dinner! -ddw

1 comment:

Wall Style said...

Hi Darlene i LOVE the blog!! It's so fun to catch a glimpse of your day :) You are in our thoughts and prayers!!! love mary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...