A few have asked, "what's it like now that you have running water?"
1. We don't have to revolve our lives around 4:00PM to store water.
2. We don't have to use disposables almost every meal.
3. We don't have to yell at our children for using more than a scoop of water to wash their hands.
4. We don't have to pour water ourselves while washing dishes.
5. We don't have to do laundry at the laundromat (if we did laundry at home, there wouldn't be enough water to live for the day).
6. No more bucket showers!!!
7. Darlene's plants are not dying anymore, they're green and flowers are blooming!
8. Kids in our student center get to wash their hands after using the bathroom. Now, THAT's a big deal!
So, folks... every time you use water, please thank God for the convenience of having running water in your house! This experience made us appreciate what many people just take for granted!
The big question now is... what are we going to do with all these tubs we collected to store water in???