Friday, May 29, 2009

Diggin'

I read this on facebook the other day: "Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas!" Funny!

Time flies like the wind, indeed. Seems like I updated this blog only a week ago, but it's been two and a half months! I need to do a better job keeping you all updated.

For the whole month of February, Ed and I spent digging our front yard. It's a long story. The gist... We've had problems with our driveway flooding because all our neighbors' front yards are higher than ours so when it rains all the water comes to our side. Ed and I (with co-worker Jenni helping out on the weekends), removed the top layer of the soil and made canals to let the water flow onto the street instead of on to our driveway/carport. When it was all done, we covered the whole thing with rocks to keep it neat and pretty. Talk about BACK BREAKING WORK! I have more appreciation for construction workers. Below are pictures of the finished product with an addition - a flower garden for me and a bench to sit on for quiet times and hang out times with my boys or anybody! -ddw


Boom and Jayjay "helping"
Jayjay trying out Daddy's ditch voila! a view of our house/student center from across the street

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...